Monday, August 11, 2008

Country Living!!!



My husband was doing some yard work in our backyard and what was sitting there but this copperhead snake. Dutch grabbed a shovel and killed it, but it completely freaks me out. This is the second one we have found in our yard, and the other was bigger than this one. My kids play out here almost everyday so of course it worries me. Dutch brought the kids out and showed them the snake and explained how bad they were and to run if they see one. It's the price you pay for country living I guess, but all I have to say is GROSS!!! I thought I would share this for all of my wonderful friends that are coming to visit me at my home tonight. All I have to say is, Watch your step!!!

5 comments:

Candy said...

Thanks for the warning, Autumn! :)Tim has found a total of 6 baby copper heads next to the side of our house in the last month or so! :0

Rachel said...

I think i would have preferred this story w/o pics..LOL. We had a couple of snake sightings but luckily they were King snakes but still don't like them.

Angela said...

I'm thinking you should have shared this AFTER we came over. I was a bit freaked out! I'm sure the kids thought it was cool.

canscrap4u2 said...

You know, the Mize's were having bad, bad snake problems, copperheads as well, like on their front porch and this was last summer. They got an outside cat and to my knowlege they have not had one snake this summer. They live in C. Oaks near the water. So, do ya like cats? At least better than snakes? :-)

Laura said...

That is big!! Scary!