Monday, March 24, 2008

Update on Connor's money jar!

OK, so we just finished our first week of the money jar for fingernail biting. I think it is going to be a success. Connor had five dollars left in his money jar. He was very upset he didn't have enough money to buy a game, but I explained to him that he chewed on his fingernail to many times for the game and that he could try again next week. So I explained the three things he could afford and he chose an ice cream cone. He was really excited once he was eating his ice cream, and he just kept saying, "I get ice cream because I didn't bite my fingernails!!" I am optimistic for the future. I defiantly recommend everyone to apply this to whatever issue you have going on at home. Let me here how it works for you.

4 comments:

MameyJane said...

Wow!! Aren't you the creative Mommy? I think it's great! I will definitely store that one back in the memory for future reference. Good for you and good for Connor!

Angela said...

I'm glad it is working...maybe he will have enough "money" to get what he wants this week.

Michelle said...

I am so happy this is working for you...I know what it is like to constantly correct them...Landon has a thing for the holes in his nose right now, I made the mistake of telling him not to do it because boogers were made up of little bugs and that it is very dirty to put our fingers in there, so now every time I tell him to quit picking he says, "no, I have a bug in my nose", like he's trying to get it out....

Laura said...

Because I am lazy and forgetful, I haven't started this yet. I'm so glad you posted the progress with Connor, though. So, how does Kaylan react whenever Connor gets to buy a treat? Do you have to do something for her, too?