Thursday, March 20, 2008

Connor's money jar!



Ok so let me explain the pics above. I am so tired of trying to get Connor to stop chewing his finger nails, we have tried everything. We have tried timeouts, taking privileges away, and even that bitter nail stuff which he says taste good. So we decided to try something new. First you must understand that he doesn't just chew on his nails a little bit, No he has nothing but fingers left no nail. He chews them till they or bleeding. I don't know how are why he has developed this nervous habit, but it is driving me crazy so I decided to pretend at being super nanny. We sat Connor down and let him pick some things he would really like to get are do and make him a treat menu. Then we put prices for those things. Then we made Connor a money jar a filled it with 20 one dollar bills (not real ones) and explained to him that every time we catch him with his fingers in his mouth he has to come take a dollar out of his jar and what ever is left at the end of the week he can use whats left to buy something on his treat menu. So we started, and let me tell you he really hates losing a dollar. This is the first week, but I am really hopeful that this is going to be just the thing we need! I will let you know.

5 comments:

Candy said...

What a creative thing to try, Autumn! I hope it works. That would drive me crazy too. Keep us updated on the outcome. :)

Michelle said...

Oh my, I love this idea!! Where did you come up with this? I'm going to do it with Alli's shoes. Shoes huh? Well let me tell you...Her shoes all belong on a long shelf in her closet, every time she takes her shoes off she is supposed to put them in her closet, this NEVER happens. I don't know if the shoe monster visits our house or what but every morning it's a struggle to find just ONE pair of shoes! I can't stand it, so I'm going to copy you and maybe it will help. I even made her go to Brookshires without shoes a couple of days ago because I couldn't find any of her shoes, she was embarrassed but not enough because I couldn't find any today either!

Angela said...

Autumn, Good idea. We have something that might would work with too! Thanks for sharing the great idea and I hope it helps him stop with the nail thing!!!

Autumn said...

To be honest my husband came up with this idea so I better give him the credit for it. It was his stroke of genious.

Laura said...

I am stealing this idea & using it in my house pronto! Dalton and Kaylee are both still sucking their thumbs and we have been trying to think of creative ways to get them to stop. This is PERFECT!!! Please, please report the outcome for Connor. Good luck, and I hope it works! Thanks for sharing the idea!!