Thursday, April 10, 2008

Quotes to think on!

I was reading through some quotes on family's and I enjoyed so many of them that I thought I would share some of them with everyone. I found these all to be true. Let me know which one you like!

-What a child doesn't receive he can seldom later give.

-If nature had arranged that husbands and wives should have children alternatively, there would never be more than three in a family.

-Your children need your presence more than your presents.

-The quickest way for a parent to get a child's attention is to sit down and look comfortable.

-Children aren't happy with nothing to ignore,And that's what parents were created for.

-When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice, safe playpen. When they're finished, I
climb out.

-If I had my child to raise all over again,I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later.I'd finger-paint more, and point the finger less.I would do less correcting and more connecting.I'd take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.I'd do more hugging and less tugging.

-A child, like your stomach, doesn't need all you can afford to give it.

-"I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once."

-If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?

- I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on

-The trouble with being a parent is that by the time you are experienced, you are unemployed.

-Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.

-My mom used to say it doesn't matter how many kids you have... because one kid'll take up 100% of your time so more kids can't possibly take up more than 100% of your time.

-There are two lasting bequests we can give our children. One is roots. The other is wings.

1 comment:

Angela said...

The one I like?

"I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on"

I wish it were possible. I will say, my brother has a vacuum that goes by itself and then parks itself back were it started. Pretty smart, huh?