Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Where's my daddy??

Some of you know that Dutch is taking class two nights a week that he goes to straight from work. So Tues. and Thur. the kids donot see Dutch at all, and Connor is really not liking the new schedule. It seems as though he knows when it is going to be one of those days that he does not see his Daddy. This past Thursday he came to me and said, "Can we call daddy" and I said yes why?? and he said, " I miss him, I want him to come home." Then yesterday Connor woke up before Dutch left for work and came and climbed in bed with us. He hugged his daddy and said,"Daddy you stay in the house." I feel bad he is having a hard time not seeing him everyday. I can't imagine what military families deal with. Its hard to see your children sad like that.

3 comments:

Angela said...

It is hard...and I can't imagine being a military family either.

Michelle said...

See, this is the exact reason I wanted Ken to finish school when Alli was a baby...now if he decides to go through with it I'll have a four and a two year old saying the same stuff your kids are; on a good note, this is what is best for your family right now and it will be over with before you know it, good for you and Dutch!

Laura said...

I'm feeling the same way, only I don't think Dalton has mentioned that he misses me :( I have class on Tuesday nights, so I normally don't see the kids on Tuesday evenings. It is way more stressful than I thought it was going to be, but Michelle is right - it is worth it & it will soon pass (hopefully)!