Friday, February 23, 2007

Poo Poo Face!!

Connor is now potty trained and now we turn our focus to getting him to wipe his own hinny after he poo poos. I though it shouldn't be to hard he learned pretty quick when we give him a paper towel he needs to wash his face. Well Dutch brought Connor to potty and I heard him say from the living room, "here Connor now wipe your own butt" and then I here good job, WAIT don't do that" followed by, "Connor that's disgusting you don't do that ever." Dutch comes in after everything is done and sits down on the couch with me looking genuinely upset. When I ask him what happened he says, When I gave him toilet paper to wipe his butt he wiped it but then he wiped his face with the same toilet paper." That was a pretty gross one. I thought we may need to make sure he understands that every time we give him something like a napkin its not always to wipe his face. They do have other purposes!!!

5 comments:

Angela said...

Oh, Autumn...poor Connor. Between the red pepper and the poop I just can't decide which is worse.

About the wiping themselves thing...I STILL don't let Hayden wipe himself. I figure I will soon but I don't know if I can trust him to do it to my standards. So, I still wipe at almost 4 1/2 years old.

Laura said...

Okay, I had to let Michael read that :) That is really gross! I'm sure you were glad that you weren't "involved" in that one!!

Michelle said...

Okay, I know I'm am not the only one who laughed out loud after reading that...Angela told me a tid bit from it, but she didn't mention how he would wipe his face with a paper towel and that is why he put the poop on his face, now I get it...did you two not laugh so hard after it was all done with? :0)

Autumn said...

yeah we laughed after there was a hot bath and a good washing.

MameyJane said...

OH boy...your experiences make me wonder what is in store for Elijah and us. Ya'll are ALWAYS experiencing something wild! What great things to write down and read at his 16th bday party! Ha!