Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Why do we keep doing this to ourselves!!!

Not that it is surprising to those of you that know me, but me and Dutch or remodeling right now, with most of the focus being on our bedroom. We just finished laying new flooring in our hall bath. So for the first time in a while I have two working bathrooms, and now we have decided to lay new carpet in our bedroom, and when I say we I mean me and Dutch or doing it. We or kind of those people that never hire people to do stuff, instead we just buy a book and go for it. Though sometimes it is more difficult than it seems. We did spend five hours last night hanging one celing fan!! Everytime we start something and I have my life turned upside down with tools and equipment and ofcourse stress I always find myself asking,"Why do we keep doing this to ourselves!" Well I will let you know how it goes!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of ceiling fan takes 5 hours to hang???? Did you and Dutch need a book for that too? lol...you might try going to the DIY (do it yourself)website for some how-to video for carpet laying. That's where I found the video for crown moulding (which is still a non-existent project). At least yall actually do the things yall talk about doing. I hope everything goes well for yall. Can't wait to see the finished product!

-Amy

Laura said...

Kudos to both of you for even attempting. Michael & I are notorious for saying we will do something to the house & then never really doing it. I want to say that it's really just Michael, but I do it, too. You guys are really brave!

Angela said...

Hey, I am just impressed that you are doing it. I know it is hard but don't you feel so accomplished to do something for yourself.

Michelle said...

After Ken and I got married and I had leagal say in what needed to be changed in his house, we went for it on our own as well. Projects would take months to finish. We went 8 months without cabinet doors because I took them all off to paint them, and when they eventually got put back on I would go to reach in the cabinet and hit the door, that I was so used to not being there! Good Luck!