Monday, January 22, 2007

The dreaded Red Pepper incident!!

You know how sometimes your kids do stuff that you feel like you should have seen or been there to stop, and since you didn't you get that I am a bad mother feeling. Well I just had one of those. Dutch, me and the kids were at dutch's parents house. We visited then we went home. We were home about five minutes when I here Connor screaming and not one of those regular upset screams, this was a painful scream. I ran back to him and he had some sort of red dust all over his shirt and paints. I went to wash him off not really knowing what it is. I was just trying to clean him off because he was screaming histarically and now his face and eyes or turning red. Dutch goes back to his room to try and figure out what it is and then runs into the bathroom saying, "Strip him and get him in the tub and wash his eyes because he is covered in red pepper" and as I start trying to strip him as he is crying just being near him my eyes start burning. I had him in the tub for twenty minutes trying to calm him down by keeping cold water on his eyes. It was horrible I kept asking Dutch, "how did this happen??" Afterwards we figure out by talking to Dutch's mother that it was her red pepper shaker that connor had to of taken put in his pocket and brought home (his pocket was full of red pepper as well). I just felt so stupid. How did I miss that!! Luckily he seems fine, but it is hard to see your baby in pain.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man! dylan steals bowls from the sushi restaurant and connor steals red pepper. they could go into business together. they just need kahlan to steal some sort of meat product.

Laura said...

Hey, who would ever think to watch for a kid taking a shaker of red pepper?!?! I'm glad he wasn't seriously scarred, but you certainly shouldn't beat yourself up over it. You're a great mom!

Regina said...

It's kind of funny/sad if you think about it from Connor's perspective. He probably thought it was the coolest thing and he was going to have so much fun when he could get home and play with it with no adults around. Poor thing!

Angela said...

That is horrible! Poor thing... and there wasn't a whole lot you could do about it.

Michelle said...

reminds me of the ant bites, all 27 or so, all over Allis feet and ankles, all I could do is throw her in the shower, literally and rinse her little screaming body off. <--dejavu, I think I've said this on someones blog before, maybe not, anyway I feel ya.