Sunday, January 11, 2009

new craft


My friends Keith & Amy's little girl Addy is turning one today, and since she is overloaded with toys and clothes I thought I would make her something. I went to Michaels to find a canvas with a picture frame in it hoping I could paint it from scratch, but no such luck. I did find this frame that I really liked and decided there was enough room to paint what I wanted on it. So I got the frame for about $11 bucks, the ribbon for like a dollar, the paint for 4 dollars, and the pic of Addy I blew up at wal-mart for life five dollars. My friend Mallori helped me with some of it, and I was really happy with how it came out. It gave me some confidence that I can do this kind of stuff so I think I am going to try some more paintings. I will let you know how it goes!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Very cute Autumn! Yep, any mommy would love that. I'm impressed! I'm thinking craft day should be at your house :)

MameyJane said...

This is TOO precious! I wish you'd post more often. I miss your blogs :0).