Friday, January 16, 2009

Here is my first try!






Here is the final outcome!



So here is the fan blade I should have looked at BEFORE I started painting!

So I told you guys I was going to try to do some more painting so I thought I would do a painting for Kahlan's room at the new house. My thought was I would try to mimic the fan blades of this fan I had bought awhile ago for her new room, trouble with that is I had put the fan up in the attic and thought that I remembered what the fan blades looked like. So this morning before I blogged this I had Dutch get in the attic and get the fan down so I could take a picture of the fan blade so I could show what I was trying to mimic, and low and behold the fan blades were completely different then how I remembered them (I am a SPAZ!). So now I have this picture that I worked really hard on, that does not match her room! So here it is anyway so let me know what you think!

6 comments:

Dutch said...

It will still look good in her room. Not everything has to match.

Candy said...

It looks great, Autumn!!! I agree with Dutch, everything doesn't have to be matchy, matchy. Is that even a word? :) :) :) I enjoyed getting to see you last night!

MameyJane said...

You're so creative! I love it!

Angela said...

This is really good! Okay...so your memory is not PERFECT. Nobody would notice it is not exact. It is still similar.

Anonymous said...

cute autumn...good job. next time, get the fan out first. ;)

Life as Connor and Colby's Mom said...

I'm impressed!!! I love the painting and I agree...it doesn't have to match.