Tuesday, March 17, 2009

From skating to recipes!

So here goes another long catch up blog so just forgive me!!
I guess I will start with the furthest back which was our valentine's party at the Baird's house. We came over and let the kids cut out cookies and then decorate them, everyone went home with a goodie bag and of course valentines cards. I love doing this kind of stuff with my kids that or left at home because Kahlan always feels left out when connor comes home from school with goodies and other stuff on holidays! Everyone had a great time!





We brought the kids roller skating for the first time and they actually both did really good especially connor. By the time we left he was convinced that is where he wanted to have his next birthday party so it's safe to say he really liked it.


Connor had to dress up as his favorite book character for school. Dutch and connor have been reading Tom Sawyer for awhile and so that is what he picked. I basically put the outfit together by making a trip to Goodwill, and I think he looked great! He also won student of the month for Feb. and I was so proud of him. We had some behavior issues at the beginning of the year and he has been so well behaved lately this was just the icing on the cake!


The kids also got to go up to where Drew works and he brought them inside the B52 plane and let them sit in the cockpit and try on his helmet. It was a great thing for them to be able to do and see.





Last but not least I wanted to share this recipe I did with the kids. The kids love doing this recipe and they love eating them and it is a much healthier way to do Popsicle's!
Ingredients
Bananas
Popsicle sticks
low fat yogurt
granola

Cut the bananas in half, and put them on the Popsicle sticks. Roll the bananas in the yogurt and then in the granola. Then put finished product in freezer for at least 3 hours and then enjoy!!



Finished product before put in the freezer!


1 comment:

joeyandaleethea said...

Awesome photos, the roller skating looks like so much fun - and oh my gosh, I need to let my kiddos make cookies, they look like they had a blast! Congrats on Student of the Month!! Woohoo!! :D

p.s. found your blog from a link somewhere in blogland. :)