Friday, June 27, 2008

My three amigo's!

Having three kids has been extra hard this week. I just can not find the energy that I need to keep up. Connor wants to go outside, while kahlan wants to play a game, cole needs to be fed and changed. Someone always has to wait and they look so sad about it. I watch people with only one child and I can't help but feel a little jealous. Don't get me wrong I wouldn't give up any one of my kids for anything, but I see someone with one child and they are allowed to be so focused on that kid and that relationship. I feel like I am constantly trying to squeeze in a little one on one time with each of them so they don't feel like a number in the line up. I am done venting now. Things to love about my kids:


Connor:
He loves to hug
He will always stop what he is doing to tell me he loves me
He is curious and ready to learn
He is my helpful child

Kahlan:
She is my only girl and does a great job being my princess
We hold a special bond! She makes me feel like she loves me just a little more than everyone else
She is sweet natured with a bit of an attitude kinda like her mom
She's not afraid to take up for herself. She's no follower
Cole:
He will always be my baby
He welcomes me every morning with a smile
He is patient as if he knows mommy has her hands full
He loves a good cuddle


I am blessed!

7 comments:

Angela said...

I love this blog! It is perfectly okay that you are tired and I can imagine that it is REALLY hard right now. The part that I love about you, Autumn, is you focused on the good things about each of your sweeties!

canscrap4u2 said...

You're such a great Mom! It's funny, I look at moms of multiples, or moms of many, and think, wow, how do they do it? I now know why I could not have the five children I wanted...I'd be bald!

destiny said...

This post is so sweet!!! I love it! The pictures are so cute and that little Cole--he's just adorable! I love that last pic. of his smile and chubby cheeks!!

MameyJane said...

Love the "brag" blogs! Hope the kids are better! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Good for you. Autumn, you are a fabulous mom. You have beautiful children. Every mom w/ more than one child can relate. I have a friend here who has the 'perfect' life. her son just turned one and before she delivered her second she talked about how she didn't know why mom's complained so much. I told her it wasn't bad to have 2-3-4 kids - it was just different. Now she calls and wants to know when she gets to breathe again!!! I love how you took a moment of frustration and looked at your blessings! I need to do the same!

Michelle said...

Oh what a great blog Autumn! It is sooo hard to keep up with each kid individually at this point with the baby still being so young. I keep telling myself that this too shall pass and it will...It is hard for me to think about not taking hold of that precious time I had with Alli when it was just her and I...I am constantly telling the other two kids, hold on, give mommy thirty more minutes, or I'm sorry but I just can't stop feeding the baby now can I....it's sad, but then when you do get that alone time with them, just go all out, have the best attitude you can while you are with them and talk talk talk, that is what they will remember the most, how you communicated with them. Hang in there, we are in the same boat girl!

Laura said...

This post was really sweet, Autumn. I know what you mean in part with my two kids...I can't fully imagine what it would be like to throw a baby in the mix though. I know that you are doing a great job as mommy of 3, so don't get discouraged :)