Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Two ways to do everything!!!




Connor has discovered the comment, "He hurt my feelings" and he has also discovered its a great way to get some quality loving. Its hard to resist when you have to tell your kid No about something and then he looks at you and lets his little mouth drop into a frown and says, "Mommy, you hurt my feelings." On the other hand Kahlan has chose to take a different approach which is to just ooze attitude and have her be the one telling me No, which just doesn't have the same effects as her brothers way. I am just assuming Connor hasn't taught his sister the tricks yet. In fact I can almost swear sometimes when he sees Kahlan shake her finger at me and tell me No or do the Kahlan eye roll (Michelle knows about that) I see him sitting back with a bit of a grin in anticipation of the scolding to come. Kids!!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

OOOhhhh yes, Ms. Tude, that's what I'm going to call her, except yesterday I managed to get a smile and laughing out of that one. As for Connor he has got such a sweet face, even if he pushes or kicks, maybe he doesn't always mean to in a rough way, because he looks up at you with the sweetest smile...or maybe he has got this whole thing figured out!

MameyJane said...

Isn't it something how God made males and females to react so differently? I see it in Grace & Elijah already. Elijah has learned to take "no" pretty well, but all I have to do is shake my head and say no-no (in a normal voice) to Grace and she is crushed! I feel like such a mean Mamma! How am I ever going to train her to learn what is okay and what is not?

Angela said...

Hayden has pulled that, "Mommy, you hurt my feelings" thing with me before and it is crushing. However you have disciplined them, whether it be right on not, hurts because they used that phrase. Hayden hasn't pulled out that card too many times and hopefully Conner won't too much either.

Candy said...

These kids, they get things figured out pretty quickly! Cute story!